SUMMARY OF POSITION
We are looking for a reliable, energetic and self-motivated individual to join our IT team to design, enhance and maintain application software for the ERP and Intranet systems that supports multiple groups within the company. This includes, but is not limited to design of web-based applications, custom databases, graphical data representations, interface designs, and automated data retrieval and formatting. This programmer will need to be able to work independently or as part of a small team as particular tasks require. This position is based in Ensenada, BC Mexico.
• Develops software applications.
• Ensures code is scalable and optimized
• Analyzes the needs of the user/business providing technical support for the Information Systems department, such as coding, designing, implementing and debugging programs.
• Develop applications, producing code that is functionally correct, according to specification, using established development and documentation standards, technologies and methodologies.
• Analyzes end users data needs and develops user oriented solutions which interface with existing applications.
• Participate in all aspects of a project life-cycle from specifications, development, testing, release, and maintenance
• Find and fix bugs, optimize performance, keep up to date with latest relevant technologies
• Installs, configures and upgrades software, using standard business and administrative packages; may modify specific applications for use in operational departments
• Acts as a technical resource in assisting users resolve software related issues and implements solutions
• Provide guidance for the team with technical architecture as needed.
• Provide technical leadership for project and team through design and code reviews, ensuring best technical practices are applied.
• Manage development teams by conducting daily reviews and ensuring projects are completed on time.
• Recommends improved operational procedures to maximize systems efficiency.
•Experience working with ERP systems and Web-based applications in medium to large corporations.
•Experience with server-side technologies including relational databases (MySQL, D3 and Microsoft Access databases)
•3 years PICK experience, Visual Basic for Applications and .Net experience is a plus
•Report Builder software such as Crystal Reports and Access reporting.
•Working knowledge of MS-Office products, MSWord, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook and MS ACCESS and client operating system like Windows XP, Vista and Windows7 Operating System.
•Proficiency in networking
•Excellent communication (oral & written)
•Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
•Excellent technical and problem solving skills
•Possess ability to work through issues and bring projects to completion
•Perform complex research, analysis, and troubleshooting; and resolve critical problems over sustained time durations in a logical manner
•Strong organizational skills, detail orientation, the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and prioritize work
•Superb customer facing skills
•Must be a self-starter with the ability to work alone, or in a team environment with limited supervision
•Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science field
•Minimum of 5 years work experience in the IT field
•Proficient in programming languages as follows: UniBasic (or PICK), Visual Basic helpful.
•Knowledge of object-oriented programming and overall database design
•Acts in an ethical and truthful manner, leading by example and earning the respect and trust of co-workers, customers, and other stakeholders
•Flexible and adaptive
|Área||Informática y Sistemas|
|Edad||25 - 45 años|
|Horario||7am - 5pm, Lunes a Viernes|