Fender Musical Instruments (FMI) is looking for a Quality Engineer for our Ensenada, Mexico location. In this role, you will be responsible to ensure that the parts and products produced at Fender Ensenada meets all customer expectations; Quality expert and hands-on position that quickly and effectively take action when non-conformances are found. Maintain the most recent interpretation of the quality system requirements and therefore ensure that documented practices meet the true interpretation of the quality management system standards.
• Collaborate with Engineering, R&D and Quality team to determine critical features to the product. Make recommendations to modify parts specifications and tolerances as necessary.
• Participate on PFMEA definition with manufacturing, engineering, and continuous improvement teams.
• Statistical analysis for process and product (paretto, histograms, DOE, trend charts)
• Executes the development, implementation, and improvement of the appropriate Quality Management Systems throughout the operation, providing advanced quality planning support in the development and launch of new products, processes and services.
• Analyzes organizational quality metrics and performs periodic reviews to evaluate results and recommend action plans to close gaps at an operational level.
• Contributes in the design and implementation of quality assurance training programs and conducts training quality related topics.
• Coordinate activities of process auditors and inspectors.
• Leads corrective and preventive actions plans with the manufacturing and engineering team.
• Follow up to customers complaints
• Create inspection plans for components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies.
• First article inspection reports for new parts.
• Dimensional Analysis
• Generate reports with progress of key process indicators
• Leads improvement projects with inter functional teams
• Issue of SCAR’s (Supplier corrective action request)
• Write, review, implement and maintain New operational procedures
• Document control responsible
• Advance quality tools usage FMEA
• Required: BS degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Electronic Engineer or equivalent
• At least 5 years in the maquiladora industry as an engineer into manufacturing process (required)
• At least 2 years as a process Quality Engineer
• Experience in a high mix manufacturing environment
• Six sigma projects
• FMEA’s, control plans, statistical tools, formal problem-solving methodology
• Process audits
• Proven experience in New products launch
• Experience with Wood products (desirable)
• 90% Bilingual English/Spanish
• Six sigma green/black training (Minitab knowledge)
• Microsoft office,
• SAP applications or other ERP systems (Desirable)
• Excellent verbal and written communication to all levels
• Drawings interpretation
|Área||Control de Calidad|
|Horario||7:00 a.m. a 5:30 p.m.|