• Plan, develop and continuously update Purchasing and Sourcing strategies
• Monitor and evaluate operation KPI’s for the Purchasing department and conduct performance appraisal for direct reports.
• Formulate KPI’s as required to measure performance for new processes or activities.
• Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
• Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitutes.
• Works with sales, engineering and purchasing staff in satellite and international facilities to generate RFQ’s for new / existing parts and projects.
• Supplier Selection: analyzes and evaluates quotes to determine vendor selection and maintains quotes for future reference
• Interview and hire staff, and oversee training and coaching to ensure all members within the team are well trained in QMS procedures and/or instructions.
• Actively and aggressively pursue year over year cost reductions
• Determine material requirements from customer sales forecast, customer orders, production schedules and bills of materials
• Monitor and control freight cost for direct materials
• Expedite and escalates supplier delivery commitments to support production requirements
• Implement periodic internal audits to ensure all purchasing policies and procedures are strictly followed and documentations are kept in professional manner
• Establish and ensure staff compliance with ISO/AS9100 quality management targets and work procedures
• Coordinates and drives efficiency and standardization as needed
• Plans and executes project assignments related to purchasing as assigned by Materials Manager
• Thoroughly understand root cause and preventive action identification processes and use them and brainstorming techniques to keep the team focused on continuous improvements (Kaizens)
• Regularly review all procurement activity to ensure that buying is constantly reappraised on a competitive basis
• Ensure that necessary measures are taken to ensure non-stop production, with contingency plan
• Minimum of 5 years of Material planning, procurement and sourcing experience within Tier 1, aerospace, industrial, semiconductor.
• 5 to 10 years In-Depth knowledge of MRP/ERP system as well as supplier inventory management programs such as JIT, VMI, Kan-Ban
• Experience dealing with suppliers in a high mix low volume and new product introduction (NPI) environment
• 5 to 10 years of experience procuring and sourcing raw materials components for cable assemblies and harnesses.
• Ability to manage remotely purchasing teams in satellite and international facilities.
• Knowledge of commodities such as wire and cable, connectors, hardware and metal machine components (preferred, but no required).
• Minimum of 5 years working with contract negotiation and spend analysis.
• Proven record of cost saving reductions.
• In depth knowledge of current best practices in Purchasing.
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
• Previous experience as a Project or Program management is a plus.
• Proficient in WINDOWS and MS OFFICE.
• Experience using ERP/MRP or other systems
• Knowledge of BOM management systems
• Demonstrated experience working with a Lean manufacturing environment
• Proven and extensive knowledge of cable, wires, and connectors suppliers
• Supplier development (global and domestic)
|Edad||25 - 45 años|
|Horario||7am - 5:05pm|