• The commodity manager within Honeywell’s integrated supply chain/ Latin America organization is an instrumental position in ensuring Honeywell aerospace's success and in the development of a strong suppliers for the region and to serve as a global supply for the rest of the world.
• The commodity manager position manages all aspects of Honeywell supplier relationships.
• This position partners closely with other aerospace senior leaders to support the development and execution of the sourcing strategy for critical Honeywell aerospace commodities and suppliers.
• Assigned commodities are highly complex, source controlled and suppliers are multi-geographic in scope.
• Strategies will be worked across Honeywell business groups as many of these suppliers are formidable competitors, key customers and can be larger in size than Honeywell.
• This role is an agent of the corporation, in charge of multi-million dollar contracts and commitments, able to make financial commitments on behalf of Honeywell corporation.
• Knowledgeable on different cost components & ability to negotiate material value added cost both for new & existing products
• Experience managing transitions from internal to external or external to external & support make to buy decisions a big plus.
• Success in managing through influence and persuasion in a highly matrixes structure.
• Program management experience required.
• Professional certifications desirable (green belt, CPM, CPIM, CSFP, etc.).
• Strong written and presentation communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Aerospace experience preferred.
• Ability to think strategically and to scope tasks and set goals - ability to work with and provide insight to senior executive management.
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced, results-driven organization.
• Strong relationship management required.
• Strong computer application and data analysis skills, including MS excel, word and PowerPoint.
• Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time, domestically and internationally.
• Significant experience in procurement.
• Working and/or leading in site team environments.
• Project management and/or contract management experience.
• Professional certifications in project/supply chain/ procurement/contract management.
• Team leader experience in supply management/sourcing/procurement/business.
• Demonstrated business and financial acumen.
• Experience with sap or site relevant ERP systems, e sourcing platforms, request for quotation tools, project management tools.
• Experience with six sigma and lean tools.
• Master’s degree.