• Set and meet the production schedule by managing the coordination of available manufacturing and QA employees, tool capacities, details and lead times.
• Analyze MRP to determine material and shop supply requirements and translate these requirements into materials plans that include procurement planning, inventory planning, and manufacturing usage planning.
• Provide information to manufacturing supervisors and purchasing regarding planning decisions, priorities, material procurement and other planning related functions.
• Work with the production & planning to meet production plan and adapt to changes in the plan according to customer demand.
• May communicate directly with contracts, purchasing and production planning group to establish production commitments. The planner's planning horizon is 1-8 weeks.
• Plan and develop schedules to meet customer delivery dates. Load all pertinent production control information accurately into database. Identify B.O.M. Errors - (loading by engineering); manage change process for B.O.M'S and routers by controlling when information becomes active. Analyze and evaluate material requirements (MRP) explosion to assure demand requirements are met. Maintain status as necessary with regards to the plan. Balance work with established work center capacities in development of plan.
• Develop, execute and report inventory plans for program-common materials and shop supplies. Develop procurement plans based upon MRP reports of requirements, inventory and on-order status. Generate por's in support of procurement plans. Constantly review and update MRP to provide accurate database for material and shop supply.
• Analyze system proposed actions relative to supply and demand of required inventory and order materials required to satisfy program requirements maintaining a minimum cost impact. Work with purchasing to develop standard lead-time for requisitioning. Maintain sufficient materials to prevent interruptions in workflow. Review system “netted” common requirements and prioritizes material allocation.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business field.
• Four to six (4-6) years general experience in industrial administration and manufacturing organizations that include several of the following areas; purchasing, including production control, planning and scheduling MRP automated systems, manufacturing, material control, etc. Or equivalent experience.
• Working knowledge of pc software, preferably excel (med-advance level).
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered (7 years of work experience in production scheduling, purchasing, materials).
• Aerostructures (metallics and/or composites) experience desirable.