Ensures efficient operations through all aspects of Import/Export activities.
• Supervises and coordinates import and export activities. Ensures that they are monitored and reviewed for accuracy and in compliance with applicable national laws, regulations, rules, policies and procedures.
• Supervises and coordinates activities related to expediting the incoming shipments from carriers and/or forwarders and verifying the freight invoice against purchase terms with vendors.
• Coordinates with Planning, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management and Finance to ensure proper and necessary customs documents are prepared for the customers or received from vendors.
• Monitors and reports all the import/export activities.
• Coordinates and directs the daily activities of the members of the customs department .
• Provides training and coaching to members of the customs staff.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Logistics or similar.
• 3 to 5 years experience including at least 2 years in a supervisory role.
• Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
• Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
• Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
• Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
• Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
• Strong and convincing communication skills.
• Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.