Primary Function of Position:
Achieve given team performance goals for Warehouse operations. The goals will include inventory management, receiving and materials movement related metrics. This position is responsible for oversight of personnel, administration of the warehouse operations, receiving, inventory accuracy in stockroom locations, operating supplies warehousing, internal replenishment processes and driving the cycle count programs.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Hire, train, develop, and motivate warehouse personnel to follow procedures, meet high quality standards, production schedules, operations dept goals, and productivity requirements
• Maintain data in compliance with regulatory controls including records for timeliness and accuracy of Inventory, Receiving
• Analyze and correct issues related to SMKT storage quantities
• Monitor inventory dollar value for all responsible locations on a weekly basis and correct or report to the responsible Manager when discrepancies occur
• Optimize operational efficiencies through application of Lean practices which include (but not limited to):
o Capacity management and analysis of workloads
o Identification and elimination of waste in all Warehouse operations
o Provide vision and direction to work group and drive training to Lean Material flow practices.
o Scheduling work activities and assignments.
o Efficiently allocating available resources and re-assigning personnel throughout a shift.
o Coordinating resource assignments with other departments, (Production, Planning, Purchasing, Quality, Materials etc.).
• Ensure that optimal inventory levels of commodities are maintained to meet production requirements.
• Drive Planning and Purchasing to reduce overstock situations.
• inventory turns while meeting shipment deadlines above expectations
• Responsible for managing employee training record completion and status
• Evaluate and provide annual performance feedback to direct reports to ensure performance criteria are being met.
• Minimum of 3 year experience in managing warehouse activities and material flow in high and low volume, manufacturing environments.
• Significant computer experience including MS Office products and ERP systems, preferably SAP and Agile.
• Proven track record of being an effective Supervisor in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing company
• Demonstrated knowledge of Kanban systems and other Lean material flow practices preferred.
• Demonstrates concern for precision and thoroughness.
• Proven ability to lead a team to consistently achieve stretch goals and objectives.
• Ability to provide positive direction by encouraging peers to have a commitment to high standards of quality and performance.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully.
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Effectively manages task breakdown, helps keep individual contributors on task, player-coach and ability to step in and perform hard tasks.
• In depth knowledge of inventory control systems and processes and root cause analysis.
• Knowledge of safety requirements and material handling equipment operation
• Knowledge of clean room practices.