• This position leads and manages a group of product design engineers. This individual provides and develops expertise, to facilitate the success of multi-faceted Engineering projects and programs.
• Provides technical direction for the work group by coordinating technical teams.
• Sets employee goals and manages achievement.
• Provides guidance and direction to promote employee development, using Accuride performance appraisal system/principles.
• Position reports directly to North America Applications Engineering Director.
• Sets own work groups goals and objectives in conjunction with broader Engineering department strategy.
• Manages workload to ensure appropriate resource alignment to achieve project/program milestones.
• Develops employees through mentoring, and assigning appropriate work to enhance employee technical and personal growth.
• Works/collaborates with peers to develop alternate solutions to project/program issues and challenges.
• Provides guidance and direction to employees on tactical matters.
• May present project status to higher levels of management.
• Acts as first line of communication for employees on matters affecting the overall business or Engineering Department.
• Identifies areas for improvement in work group processes and drive resolutions to improve methodologies and techniques.
• Works with peers to establish best practices to be enacted across the Engineering Department.
• Monitors progress and adapts tactics to resolve unexpected project complications.
. Works in alliance with company SALES groups to identify new product needs in the market place and execute its development.
. Drive from engineering the "technology push" into the market place.
Skills & Job Requirements:
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering Mechanical/Mechatronics / Industrial or equivalent experience and 10 years of relevant work experience on mechanical product design.
. Proven track record of successful new product launch in to the market place.
. Work experience with diverse cultural teams.
. Knowledgeable on new technologies and products relative to expertise field.
. Proven track record of successful work with virtual teams and across boundaries.
|Horario||Lu - Vie. 7:00 am a 5:06 pm|