Nypro, A Jabil Company offers customers the widest array of design, engineering, supply chain and manufacturing services in the industry. With over 40 years of experience, our highly specialized teams meet the complex demands of the Medical Device, Diagnostics, Pharmaceutical and Consumer Health markets to enable the world's leading brands to fulfill their market potential.
Our Mission: To be the World’s Most Capable and Trusted Healthcare Services Compan
• Provide engineering expertise in plastic injection molding process development and improvement to support the launch of new products and continuously improve existing products and processes.
• Provide advanced level process troubleshooting support, analyzing data, identifying areas for improvement and participate in continuous improvement activities to reduce variability and improve production efficiencies.
• Provide advanced engineering support in the areas of design, manufacturing process, material characteristics related to the development and manufacture of product.
• Work with vendors and suppliers, customers, and other outside technical resources to develop and improve manufacturing methods, material properties that contribute to reduced product cost and improved product performance.
• Establish material, labor and machinery standards for products.
• Collaborate with planning and design regarding product design specifications and to assure efficient production scheduling and methods.
• Develop process improvement plans for equipment, methods and improvements with a planning horizon of 3-5 years.
• Lead process improvement teams using modern manufacturing tools and methods, e.g., Lean, Kaizen
• Apply statistical analysis techniques to quantify current process capabilities as a foundation for evaluating and improving processes and products.
• Train and assist with mentoring of Process Technicians, Engineering Technicians and key operations personnel to develop and enhance process knowledge and skills.
• At least 5 years engineering experience in Plastic Injection molding process
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering or Polymer Science or related field
• Experience leading continuous improvement teams or cross functional problem solving teams.
• Green Belt Certification.
• Advanced level knowledge of plastics, resins and polymers.
• Project management - Leads projects for process improvements that expand process windows and machine capabilities beyond defined parameters.
• Strong communication skills / written and verbal.
• Demonstrated knowledge of impact of process parameters on overall product cost Experience with MRP/ERP systems.
• Knowledge of statistical analysis and statistical process control.
• Demonstrated ability to apply modern manufacturing methods including lean, six sigma.