• The primary function of the quality engineer is to perform quality assurance functions ensuring processes build quality into products and is responsible for all compliance and administration of formal company quality programs adopted by the company such as mil-STD-790 and AS9100.
• Participate in problem-solving teams and apply statistical and other problem-solving tools.
• To ensure compliance of AS9100 & mil-STD-790 program
• Assures regulatory compliance relative to Tecate ( DLA and navy, etc.)
• Designs and monitors processes for measuring and testing product
• Develops and initiate standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation
• Develop work instruction when needed
• Translate quality work documents into Spanish when needed
• Lead material review board activities.
• Evaluates processes, controls, and testing to assure quality requirements are satisfied and process yields are improved.
• Assures internal documentation and processes are compliant and followed
• Maintains a failure reporting and corrective action system.
• Conducts internal quality audits
• Accompany customer and outside auditors during their audit
• Prepares briefings, presentations, and analyses for management and team reviews.
• To support the Tecate facility and improve quality and delivery performance
• Manage inspection and calibration.
• B.S. Engineering degree
• Minimum three years’ experience in quality assurance
• Leadership experience
• Knowledge of injection molding and connector manufacturing and test processes
• Auditing based on iso or AS9100 norm.
• Corrective action based on its methodology.
• Knowledge of personal computer applications (spreadsheets, database, and word processor) is required.
• Outstanding organizational skills and experience with managing multiple deadlines at once
• Strong desire to work in a team made of a cross-functional group of individuals
• Written, verbal, and spelling skills in English and Spanish
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of management and outside customers.
• Availability to travel to the us.