The regional Commodity Manager located in Tijuana, Mexico, will be part of the Welch Allyn corporate sourcing team and will serve as the primary interface with regional suppliers. Lead cross-functional resources in driving regional direct and indirect sourcing and operations excellence initiatives with project accountability for the corporate sourcing function. Act as the primary sourcing contact for the region and work closely with other global commodity managers to execute corporate sourcing strategies. This role will support all sourcing initiatives in region and will be split 60 / 40 between Direct and Indirect.
Lead supplier identification and qualification, contract negotiation, optimizing economic value, on-time delivery, quality, cost management, payment terms and supplier risk mitigation.
As a collaborative partner, ensure that suppliers are rated consistently and fairly, ensure timely feedback to suppliers regarding performance, and that collaboration and communication is effective between suppliers, corporate sourcing and Welch Allyn New Product Development teams to ensure early design involvement into new Welch Allyn products.
Act as a consultative resource to corporate sourcing team on Supplier related programs; to include support with financial budgeting, technology research, supplier liaison for prototype/production integrations ensuring a supply base that compliments and exceeds needed technologies and directives. Utilize and improve the Quality Process to provide leadership to both internal and external suppliers and customers by establishing team involvement and proactive feedback.
Required Background & Capabilities:
• Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or other related discipline.
• 5 - 8 years of sourcing / supply chain experience, including managing supplier relationships, and proven success negotiating contracts with domestic and international suppliers that deliver robust supply chain solutions and tangible cost savings on an annual basis.
• Documented success delivering year over year cost savings.
• Outstanding ability to prioritize, organize and manage time.
• Robust project management skills including the ability to multi-task and lead multiple concurrent sourcing engagements and cross functional teams.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Results oriented, quality focused, decisive high achiever.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills. Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
• Good expertise with a global ERP system, preferably SAP. Strong MS Office skills especially Excel.
• CPSM (Certified Professional in Supply Management) certification desired, but not required.
• Bi-lingual (English & Spanish)
|Horario||7:00 - 17:00 hrs|