• The primary role is to support the Continuous Improvement Manager by delivering Improvement Projects to the agreed time, cost and quality targets (coaching in Lean Six Sigma - DMAIC tools and techniques).
• Responsible for the identification, development and implementation of process improvements and best practices focused on improvements in Safety, Quality, Delivery and Productivity (Labor and Material).
• Support and maintain facility metrics (safety, quality, delivery, cost, moral, service, innovation, social responsibility, etc.) together with the entire team.
• Monitor and investigate reported quality issues and perform or lead root cause analysis and solve issues through the corrective action process.
• Will be responsible for managing and leading and participating in continuous improvement projects, as well as mentoring and coaching green belts.
• Apply Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools and methodology in the implementation of manufacturing excellence initiatives.
• Drives the standardization of processes and the implementation of metrics and best practices.
• Assist in setting annual operational targets and help drive improvements to achieve those targets.
• Help to sustain actual program that focuses on reducing process and product variation. Implementing such tools as: FMEA, Control Plan VSM, SPC, Capability study, TPM, SMED, DOE, RSD & others.
• Trains, coaches and motivates personnel in the understanding and adoption of new principles and techniques.
• Development of Standard Operating Procedures and work methods.
• Actively participates at the strategic planning process and projects.
• Required: Bachelor in Engineering Science, Industrial Engineering (preferred). Six Sigma Green Belt (preferred).
• Minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience of manufacturing experience with background in either woodworking, industrial painting or electronics is also preferred.
• Highly capable problem-solving skills (utilizing formal problem-solving techniques as DMAIC)
• Proactive and dynamic approach in challenging existing processes and searching for new opportunities is required.
• Analytical and organizational mindset together with effectiveness in building and implementing new processes and procedures is required.
• Capability to promote team-working and collaboration among the different functions both at local and group level.
• Exposure to application of Lean Manufacturing Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement principles and tools (training, kaizen events and workshops).
• Change management and superior interpersonal skills (understand technical and human issues related to manufacturing system improvement). Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
• Excellent communication skills enabling communication in English and Spanish at shop floor and Management levels.
• Proficient computer skill including M/S Office (Visio and Project), PM, Minitab, SAP & others