• The Supplier Quality Project Engineer (SQE) is a key role at Autoliv which is responsible for working with its external supplier’s delivery of high quality parts.
• The SQE is involved from the pre-qualification of the supplier through the life cycle of the supplier’s parts to final production and warranty. Activities include verification of supplier’s use of industry standards, Autoliv Standards, review of changes to supplier’s agreed to production lines/practices, and follow-up with non-conforming materials and events.
• The SQE will work with internal teams such as Purchasing, Engineering and other Quality teams to plan quality events and resolve issues.
• Automotive manufacturing experience (desirable)
• Quality Engineering role as previous work position.
• Communication skills.
• Process audits.
• Problem solving tools. (8D, 5 Why)
• SPC. (Data analysis, basics)
• PPAP fundamentals.
• Drawing interpretations. (GD&T)
• Basic Office tools.
• Actively involved in new component sourcing and development process
• Involved in the Team Feasibility Commitment process with Purchasing, Engineering and Suppliers
• Involved in control level definition for PPAP package together with Project Buyer and Engineering
• Involved in contract review with Project Purchasing.
• Owner of Supplier Quality Project supporting APQP
• Define the Supplier Quality Project tasks with the suppliers
• Follow up completion of Supplier Quality Project tasks in terms of timing and quality for defined deliverables
• Participate in supplier production trial runs and Run at Rate per control level definition
• Perform audits and PFMEA go and see as applicable for new projects
• Define the Incoming inspection / Dock Audit Report template and manage the Interim Inspection Plan at the supplier as applicable
• Change Leader and participant in the Change Control Boards for Passive and Active Safety products
• Owner of the PPAP approval
• Escalate Supplier Quality Project delays / deviations according to internal defined standards
• Actively connected with Autoliv Production Development System project teams with Project Purchasing and defined project teams with Serial Purchasing
• Execute regular supplier audits planned by Commodity Supplier Quality Engineer
• Involved in Pre-Autoliv Production Development System projects through Purchasing
• Owner of Supplier Quality Project / PPAP for serial changes and replacement tools ensuring one PPAP is valid for all Autoliv plants.