• The Lead Buyer is responsible for supervising a group of buyers to execute their purchasing functions and meet FED
• Division Metrics and to drive continuous improvement in supply chain while utilizing the framework of the Eaton Business
• System (EBS) and the Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF).
• Both the lead buyer and the buyers will report to the Purchasing Site Manager. Making what matters work at Eaton takes
• the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery
• become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and
• where you can help us reach ours.
• Implement/Deploy/Follow Purchasing policies and practices established by Eaton Supply Chain Guidelines that minimize the total cost of acquisition of materials that support the plant’s manufacturing needs.
• Implement advanced replenishment processes for the assigned products, such as Supplier Schedules, Min/max, Consigned Inventory or VMI
• Ensure that component orders are placed consistent with supplier lead times and the planning in the ERP system so that components are available as needed to support OTD to customers.
• Review and update purchasing parameters in MFG Pro to ensure proper supplier demand generation.
• Coordinates with Planning, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Customer Service groups to review metrics to meet monthly sales targets.
• Train and constantly monitoring subordinates to ensure compliance with established Eaton policies and procedures.
• Determine the capabilities and skills of the Buyers Team to Develop and set the appropriate goals
• Monitor & report on appropriate purchasing metrics. Implement corrective actions where metrics are not meeting expectations.
• Identify, Manage and drive cost savings projects consistent with Tijuana Site savings objectives.
• 3 to 5 years supply chain experience
• Good communication skills
• Proven capability to execute purchasing of MFG components in a high mix, low volume environment.
• Knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process.
• Strong leadership skills
• Tangible experience in NPI process.
• Detailed understanding of sop process
• Lead implementation teams to deliver the purchasing strategies
• Ability to lead and coordinate multi discipline, multi-functional teams.
• Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
• Strong pc application skills, including complement of Microsoft office software.
• Preferred qualifications:
• Must be able to interface effectively with the transitions teams in order to set up purchasing processes and appropriate
• Bridge inventory.
• Must be able to interface effectively with business leaders, planners and manufacturing