Eaton’s Aeroespace division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for Provide manufacturing technical direction and technical assistance for new and existing products, including process design and tooling requirements for manufacturing operations.
The position supports continuous improvement in production while utilizing the framework of the Eaton Business System
(EBS) and the Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF) and Tijuana Safety culture initiatives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment
where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like
you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Some activities related with the position will be:
1. Able to confer with Design Engineering on manufacturability and testability of new products and bring new products into
2. Ability to understand Welding, Paint, machining, & marking & stamping concepts and be able to interact with Design
Engineers in technical discussions around these processes.
3. Ability to tailor process development around expected volume and duration of the product.
4. Possesses a good understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerance usage.
5. Familiarity with New Product Introduction project management systems.
6. Capable of estimating costing on new products at various stages of Design completion.
7. Evaluates/Selects tooling and equipment supplies.
- Develops, evaluates and improve manufacturing methods, including tooling, fixtures and processes.
- Confers with material planner to assure identification of unique, long lead time, special handling or high cost items to
assure appropriate measures will be taken prior to production startup.
- Develops and analyzed statistical data and product/process performance to recommend and implement improvements in
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Bilingual English/ Spanish
- Good communication skills
- Computer Skills
- Strong project management skills
- Understanding of problem solving methods (Six Sigma, 8D, root cause analysis)
- Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality registration schemes and certification processes (ISO9001,
- Knowledge of process auditing techniques to ensure compliance to defined quality requirements
- Detail Oriented
- Green belt certified is a plus