• The perfect candidate for this position is responsible for overseeing and leading all activities associated with manufacturing, new product introduction and/or production of deliverable product to meet customer expectations.
• The leader monitors and manages hourly, indirect and salaried resources in the assignment of work responsibilities, development, and alignment of resources to load.
• The position drives safety, quality & continuous improvement, in production while utilizing the framework of the Eaton business system (EBS) and the continuous improvement framework (CIF).
• Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
• It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
• Champion a culture change through the framework of high performance work teams (HPWTS).
• Lead a multifunctional team (from 15 up to 25 head count) to achieve high 5 metrics, improve manager effectiveness & employee engagement.
• Drive continuous improvement and application through the use of EBS, BOS, CIF, and HPWTS.
• Lead tier 1 & tier 2 meetings to impulse, follow up and support Eaton Tijuana initiatives such as: near miss, coaching card, JSA, near scape, ideas, e-star, cost-out, poke yokes, LPA, gembas.
• Achieve key BOS metrics including high 5: TRCR, on-time delivery, DPPM, gross utilization, and efficiency of the product line.
• Lead by example – be a positive role model.
• Actively engage and recognize employees.
• Empower employees – drive decision making down through organization.
• When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing/operations.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience leading others.
• Proficient in reading and writing English.
• Customer focus (internal and external).
• Computer skills: excel, MS outlook, PowerPoint.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; strong leadership, coaching and influence management skills; ability to balance multiple priorities.
• Lean manufacturing / operational excellence skills in 5s+, value stream mapping, standard work, visual management, process focused.
• Internal candidates Eaton leadership competency ratings of at least a “3”, with a preference of “4” ratings in BOC and leadership style.
• Problem solving skills (E.G. 8-D, PDCA’S, A3).
• Intrinsically motivated, champion of change, visionary.
• Life-long learner; promotes a learning culture.