Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Sr. Sustaining Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our
The Sr. Sustaining Engineer is responsible to provide manufacturing technical direction and technical assistance for new
and existing products, including process design and tooling requirements for manufacturing operations.
The position supports continuous improvement in production while utilizing the framework of the Eaton Business System
(EBS) and the Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF) and Tijuana Safety culture initiatives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment
where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like
you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Some activities related with the position will be:
1. Provide technical support to production to his assigned areas plus Rynglok cell.
2. Set-up's Router instruction, BOM's, new product to STD Couplings, ONE Piece (plus Rynglok, Speed Cell (not under
3. Contract review (ONE PIECE, Std, Rynglok) mentor Jr ME plus provides support to Rynglok
4. Review discrepant material rack and provide disposition DMR's (3xday x 2 areas) Mentor to Jr ME on Rynglok
5. Support Validation builds and provide clear instructions to production personel (One Piece , STD) Mentor JR ME
6. Provide technical support to Engineering Technicians & 1entry ME
7. MCR/MCO/ Creation and follow up (STD Couplings, one Piece)
8. Support SCM inquiry's (BOMs, Routers, Rev's, Clarifications etc)
9. External Tooling Quotation, Approval request, Purchased (MRO process)
10. Lead’s Fast response / PDCA
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals
and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Bilingual English/ Spanish
- Good communication skills
- Computer Skills
- Strong project management skills
- Understanding of problem solving methods (Six Sigma, 8D, root cause analysis)
- Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality registration schemes and certification processes (ISO9001,
- Knowledge of process auditing techniques to ensure compliance to defined quality requirements
- Detail Oriented
- Green belt certified is a plus