Poly (Plantronics) is a global leader in business and consumer audio communications. For more than 50 years, we’ve been driven by a single obsession to support our customers’ most important needs: experiencing and facilitating simple and clear communications while enjoying distraction-free environments.
Join our adventure!
• The technical support voice\video technician will be working in our tier 2 customer support center located in Tijuana Mexico. This position is part of a multi-site/location team and offers exceptional support to our customers and partners.
• Interface with Plantronics/polycot certified partners, external customers and internal customer support teams such as the Plantronics/polycot sales team and the client services team.
• Provide best in class technical support via a telephone queue, over e-mail, chat and through web forums to address technical challenges involving Plantronics suite of products and solutions.
• Troubleshoot customer reported incidents related to Plantronics voice and video endpoints.
• Resolve these challenges by employing comprehensive problem analysis and customer service skills. This troubleshooting is likely to involve product configuration changes and addressing communications in both LAN and wan based IP environments.
• Document accurate and detailed descriptions of all reported problems within our CRM system.
• Gather, review and record any pertinent log files, traces, configuration, environmental information, and network topology data. This data will be used to analyze the problem at hand and synthesize solutions for the customer in a timely manner.
• Utilize historical information gathered while resolving support requests to develop and submit technical articles to the centralized Plantronics knowledge base.
• Proven ability to employ critical thinking and logic to analyse and troubleshoot problems to root cause.
• 2-4 years’ experience in comparable IT, Network or technical role.
• 2-year degree or equivalent IT related certifications (CCENT, MCSE or other Microsoft Certifications of which are relevant to below)
• Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to work in high pressure environments and within a team atmosphere.
• Experience with SIP-based desktop IP phones (VoIP), telecommunication devices and soft clients
• Experience with any of the following call services and platforms, including but not limited to BroadSoft, Metaswitch, Asterisk, FreeSWITCH, etc. as well as, SIP-based VoIP and remote provisioning technologies.
• Experience with endpoint devices of which utilize Microsoft Lync, O365 and Skype for Business.
• Detailed knowledge of IP networks, firewalls and traffic routing as well as understanding how H.323 and SIP traffic traverses the network.
• Knowledge of audio and or video conferencing, audio-visual equipment, and the relevant industry standards which apply to their successful use in complex multivendor environments.
|Horario||7:30 am a 5:00 pm.|