• Formulates, negotiates, and manages de department’s objectives and budgets, as well as the Strategies and Action Plans to achieve those objectives. Validates and authorizes Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) of the Maintenance and Facilities Function.
• Develops Preventive Maintenance Programs in conjunction with Engineering, Quality and Production Staff for Machinery and equipment and facility.
• Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
• Analyzes current production processes and new product plans and discusses equipment needs and modifications with engineering, quality and production staff. Supervises the building or modification of machinery and equipment for new production processes or to aid current production processes.
• Formulates the requisitions for machinery, equipment and tools as well as supervises the delivery and inspection of these purchases.
• Analyzes production, quality and maintenance reports and statistics to plan, develop, recommend and implement new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and optimize labor and material utilization.
• Can supervise the maintenance of continuous services such as electricity, water, gas, etc. as well as the operation of the air conditioning units.
• Ensures the implementation of TPM Total Productive Maintenance Program along participant functions.
• Drive performance and leadership on Typical KPI for availability of machinery and equipment and facilities such as MTTR MTBF, OEE, Uptime. Etc.
• Ensures that Risk management is in place on practices, spares parts and models in order to ensure business continuity of machinery and equipment and facilities.
• Responsible for selecting, training, developing and motivating the department’s staff and acting as a facilitator. Responsible for managing subordinate’s performance. Also responsible for promoting and maintaining interdepartmental harmony.
• Solve daily problems in order to maintain all EPS Plant running
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Maintenance Management, Industrial, Electromechanical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. Master’s degree desirable.
• 5 or more years of experience in Maquiladora, preferred startup operations
• At minimum of five (8) years of high-level experience in manufacturing. Experience in industrial and electrical power generation a plus.
• Bilingual English-Spanish.
• Well-developed administrative skills
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point).
• Knowledge of quality systems and standards.
• Lean Manufacturing principles.
• Ability to create and manage budgets
• Able to identify areas for improvement.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, with high awareness of deadlines.
• Technical knowledge of plant construction, safety and environmental matters
• ISO/ TL9000 experience preferred.
• ISO 9000:2000 internal audits certified
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Project management knowledge.
• Knowledgeable of human resources management and labor regulations.
Demonstrating Ethics and Integrity
Project management & supplier management
Establishing Effective Teamwork
Building and Maintaining Relationships
Analysis, Solving Problems and Making Decisions
Drive and Sense of Urgency
Achieving Outcomes and Optimizing Processes, Procedures and Practices