Fender Musical Instruments is looking for a CAD Engineer for our Ensenada, Mexico location. In this role, you will be responsible for to deliver design drafts for multiple stakeholders including but not limited to facilities blueprint updates, fixtures, material flow, tool design, supplier drawings among others for our Acoustasonic project.
You will also be responsible to create systems (manual and automation) and able to trouble shoot equipment and product diligently. You will be able to deal and communicate with all levels of the organization in a timely manner. Designs, develops, tests, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods utilizing knowledge of product design, human work factors, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, quality control standards, material flow, cost analysis and production coordination.
About the job:
• Responsible for the correct design (SQPC) of lay-out or distribution of manufacturing processes taking into consideration safety standards, quality requirements, operation cycle time and cost restrictions focusing on maximizing the efficiency of resource utilization.
• Analyzes and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, production standards, work force utilization, space requirements and workflow; with the use of CAD, designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
• Able to design basic jigs and fixtures for the manufacturing processes.
• Responsible for creation and control of production process documentation: work instructions, visual aids, PFMEA, flow charts, SIPOC diagrams and Quality Control Plans; supports implementation of standard work.
• Understands and leads the Process Characterization Methodology. Able to determine process CTQ’s parameters, conducts process capability studies (Cp, Cpk), utilizes process optimization tools (DOE’s, Regression Analysis or Hypothesis Testing) in order to properly stabilize production with effective shop floor controls (poka-yoke, control charts, Quality Control Plans).
What you need:
• Required: At a minimum, a BSME in Industrial, Electronic, Mechanical or equivalent is required.
• At least 1 year of experience working with tooling design, CNC programming and MFG Engineering.
• Experienced Industrial engineer or complementary skills (e.g. project, product, quality or manufacturing engineering).
• Tool design
• CNC programming
• Software experience with Draftsite, AutoCad or Solidworks preferred
• Ergonomics based design of fixtures, or other plant equipment is a plus
• Project management sufficient to lead cross-functional teams
• English language competency is required.
• Guitar playing is a plus.
• Experience in playing guitar or have a strong desire/interest in guitars is a plus.
• Any additional musical background is a plus
• Strong communicator, externally and internally.
• Well organized to manage multiple competing priorities in parallel.
• Responsive and responsible to deliver on commitments.
• Requires ability to work in a fast-paced team environment the
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities
• Ability to drive decisions based on facts and data
|Horario||7:00 a.m. a 5:30 p.m.|