Fender Musical Instruments is looking for a Sr. Process Engineer for our Ensenada, Mexico location. In this role, you will be Project leader for Methods and process engineer (Assembly / Manufacturing) for our Acoustasonic Project. Incumbent will be required to Work closely with R&D, quality, operations and engineering to translate Product Design to design for manufacturing elements. Responsibilities will extend into providing support for Supplier sub processes as needed. the right person for the role will have demonstrated and well-rounded experience in line balance, capacity planning, lean factory setup, and Kaizen events/ waste reduction exercises.
About the job:
• Responsible for the correct design (SQPC) of lay-out or distribution of manufacturing processes taking into consideration safety standards, quality requirements, operation cycle time and cost restrictions focusing on maximizing the efficiency of resource utilization.
• Analyzes and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, production standards, work force utilization, space requirements and workflow; with the use of CAD, designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
• Able to design basic jigs and fixtures for the manufacturing processes.
• Responsible for creation and control of production process documentation: work instructions, visual aids, PFMEA, flow charts, SIPOC diagrams and Quality Control Plans; supports implementation of standard work.
• Understands and leads the Process Characterization Methodology. Able to determine process CTQ’s parameters, conducts process capability studies (Cp, Cpk), utilizes process optimization tools (DOE’s, Regression Analysis or Hypothesis Testing) in order to properly stabilize production with effective shop floor controls (poka-yoke, control charts, Quality Control Plans).
What you need:
• Required: At a minimum, a BSME in Industrial, Mechanical or equivalent is required.
• Master in Engineering or similar a plus
• At least 4 year of experience working as engineer in manufacturing environment
• Experienced Industrial engineer or complementary skills (e.g. project, product, quality or manufacturing engineering)
• Transitioning product lines and/or processes between factories and countries.
• Lead and document DFMEA, PFMEA and QCP activities.
• Root Cause inter-departmental analysis and problem solving
• Mechanical design software proficiency (SolidWorks, CAD programming).
• Manufacturing processes Value Stream Mapping
• Statistical Process Analysis. (process capability CPK Studies, Process Characterization)
• English language competency is required
• Six Sigma/Lean Green/Black-belt or lean manufacturing certifications is a plus;
• Demonstrated ability to manage timelines and risk
• Collaborative teamwork environment
• Project management enough to lead cross-functional teams
• Strong communicator, externally and internally
• Well organized to manage multiple competing priorities in parallel.
• Responsive and responsible to deliver on commitments
• Guitar playing is a plus
• Experience in playing guitar or have a strong desire/interest in guitars is a plus.
• Any additional musical background is a plus
|Horario||7:00 a.m. a 5:30 p.m.|