Poly (Plantronics) is a global leader in business and consumer audio communications. For more than 50 years, we’ve been driven by a single obsession to support our customers’ most important needs: experiencing and facilitating simple and clear communications while enjoying distraction-free environments.
Join our adventure!
The Production Manager will lead the manufacturing function within budget and output targets to meet customer requirements and standards.full accountability for ensuring safety, customer quality, cost and delivery requirements are met, responsible for developing an enthusiastic, motivated and flexible team by building working relationships ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
• Manage the team on best practice and establish standard policies and procedures whilst also mentoring and leading teams.
• Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes.
• Translates customer requirements into state-of-the-art manufacturing strategies and processes, resulting in cost-effective processing and profitable manufacturing of company products.
• Identify business improvement opportunities within the organization.
Effectively and efficiently manage the production of the required daily/weekly/monthly targets in line with customer specifications, meeting quality and delivery expectations, minimizing costs where possible and ensure the required best working practices are always maintained.
• Responsible for plant production, financial performance, meeting customer requirements and maintaining the orderly and productive operation of planned activities.
• Ensure the target productivity level is achieved daily.
Communicate and liaise with other departmental managers regarding throughput of stock to ensure production targets are met.
• Drive process improvements on Overall Equipment
• Effectiveness (OEE) by appropriate data analysis.
Required education, experience, skills:
• Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred.
• 3+ Supervising Manufacturing processes
• 5+ Supervising people experience
• Extensive background in Lean Manufacturing practices and implementations.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Intermediate level with computer functions, including working in a Windows environment with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
• knowledge in ERP and MES like Oracle, Apriso
• Previous experience in MTS, MTO, ATO, and ETO manufacturing environment.
What do we have to offer?
• Joining a fun and supportive global team, going through a journey of change and globalization, truly making an impact on Poly’s success in the future.
• Joining a community that sets high standards, actively supports personal and professional development, and strives to provide an optimal work life balance.