Poly (Plantronics) is a global leader in business and consumer audio communications. For more than 50 years, we’ve been driven by a single obsession to support our customers’ most important needs: experiencing and facilitating simple and clear communications while enjoying distraction-free environments.
Join our adventure!
The Technical Support Engineer acts as an escalation point for NALA ITSP’s on Poly’s VoIP product line. The Tier 3 agent is responsible for reproducing product performance issues and effectively managing escalations into engineering (Tier 4). The Tier 3 agent also contributes to Poly’s Knowledge Base and aids in knowledge sharing across Services organization support tiers. Position is in Tijuana or Mexico City office with flexibility for occasionally scheduled work from home days.
• Support Poly service providers to resolve technical issues on Poly VoIP conferencing products.
• Gather phone and SIP server log files and configuration data for analysis to determine root cause of problems and create solutions.
• Replicate reported issues in lab, testing for workarounds and/or resolution.
• Maintain accurate documentation of all actions required to resolve issues in the support database.}
• Provide written problem analysis on cases escalated to R&D for resolution.
• Act as liaison between Customer and Engineering, Product Marketing and Sales departments, providing status updates and action plans as necessary.
• Ability to multi-task between several customer escalations.
• Ability to travel to customer sites for on-site troubleshooting.
• Create technical documentation describing reported issue and workarounds and solutions for the Polycom knowledge base.
• Needs to be fluent in English & Spanish (Portuguese a plus).
• Requires approximately 10% travel, primarily to customer sites in Mexico (occasionally to other parts of the NALA & CALA regions).
• This position may require occasional on-call rotation participation, including nights and weekends.
• Previous experience with current Poly & previous Polycom/Plantronics products & solutions highly preferred.
• Understanding of VoIP conferencing and associated technologies.
• Must be able to speak and present confidently in a group setting.
• Ideal candidate will be outgoing and socially confident.
• Broadsoft server knowledge desired.
• Knowledge of SIP, H.323, and IP protocols and ability to analyze sniffer traces.
• Must have experience installing, managing, deploying, configuring, and maintaining Lync 2010/2013 Server, Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Skype for Business, and related technologies such as O365. In addition, candidates should have experience using and configuring Active Directory and network infrastructure components that support the deployment and ongoing management of Skype for Business, Lync Server, or Office Communications Server. Certifications preferred: MCSA & MCSE.
• Experience with Microsoft Teams a plus.
• Cisco certification such as CCENT or CCNA preferred.
• Experience with Wireshark required. WCNA certification preferred.
• A working knowledge of VoIP testing tools such as SIPp or similar preferred.
• 4 to 6 years customer support experience.
• Related Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
• Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Must have the ability to work under pressure.
|Área||Informática y Sistemas|