Engineering position responsible for processes implementation, balancing, tooling, and equipment for Fabrication.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• Strong 360 relationships and Synergy.
• Create a safe work environment.
• Introduction of new platforms and/or model year changes
• Deliver products on time inside specification.
• Asses and release 2D drawings.
• Built, maintain and improve VSM.
• Design and procure tooling and welding fixtures that meet safety and quality standards.
• Optimize theoretical work content to implement it into the operations.
• Follow a problem solving and continuous improvement methodology.
• Implement short and long-term improvements.
• Support day to day operations.
• Assess opportunity areas to increment technological innovation and cost-effectiveness.
• PDCA on:
Line balancing and capacity.
Production processes & welding sequences
• Any other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
• Engineering degree (Mechanical, Electromechanical, Industrial or Mechatronic).
• Bilingual (70% English & Spanish), both oral and written.
• Six Sigma methodologies.
• 3D Modeling Software (Catia a plus).
• Welding knowledge. (TIG-MIG a plus).
• GD&T knowledge.
• Experience 2 years or more.