• Launch PVD manufacturing process and scale-up to full production capacity at plant
• Development of current and future PVD manufacturing processes with the objective of developing and implementing new process with new manufacturing equipment
• Understanding on the elements of costing of the PVD process
• Knowledge in Plant related equipment needs and specifications to run a PVD machine.
• Knowledge on PVD machine and related auxiliary equipment maintenance and related document controls.
• Connect entire process flow, including incoming materials through Injection Molding, PVD and Paint. (Clean Room environment)
• Define equipment, material, and testing specifications for new products
• Understand or develop industrial hygiene, environmental and permit compliance.
• Collaborate with innovation & engineering teams to ensure alignment of design and manufacturing processes
• Lead a Best Practice Team with regards to the establishment of team objectives, refinement of best practices, meetings format including the development of best practice team members.
• Cascade knowledge base/lessons learned to plants and others in the organization
• Assist Cross-Functional Teams (CFTs) to achieve Process Validation (PV) and Part Submission Warrant (PSW)
• Bachelor s Degree in Engineering or Polymer/Materials Science preferred
• 7-10 years of experience in automotive/manufacturing
• Thorough knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing principles.
• Proven experience in creating and scaling up manufacturing process
• Possess the knowledge and understanding of the VA/VE (Value Analysis/Value Engineering) methodology.
• Strategic thought leader with an ability to develop new global manufacturing process/capability
• Able to use critical thinking skills and take ownership of projects
• Independent individual comfortable with Subject Matter Expert role
• Knowledge of Physical Vapor Deposition manufacturing process & equipment design
• Good supervisory skills associated with the guidance and support in the achievement of safety, quality, delivery, cost, and people management.