LIFE AT BRP
At BRP, we have a visceral connection to our consumers, one created from a shared passion for the Ultimate Ride. Our teams have a unique ability to develop market-shaping products and services that move people physically and emotionally.
Distributed throughout 100 countries, our product line-up includes Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-doo watercraft, side-by-side all terrain vehicles, Can-Am Spyder roadsters, Evinrude marine propulsion systems, marine propulsion systems and motors for Rotax karts, motorcycles, and small planes, as well as a full line-up of parts, accessories, and clothing.
Our 10 000 employees make up a big family of diverse cultures who all share a common value: innovation. Our people are passionate and qualified; by joining BRP, you will evolve at the heart of an experienced team that will welcome you with open arms.
Follow us on:
SQE Job description
The purpose of this position is to work with new and existing suppliers to 1) address quality issues as they come and 2) help suppliers improve their on-going contributions relative to quality and cost. The Supplier Quality Engineer evaluates supplier's PPAP, reviews the ppm results, provides feedback to the supplier on potential and proposed improvements. The SQE emphasis preventive with reactive activities supporting the assembly lines.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Improve supplied component PPM
• Work with internal customers to reduce turbulence caused by non quality
• Problem management and resolution
• Work with suppliers to ensure the appropriate component and process controls are in place – ie PFMEA, Control Plans, FAIs, etc.
• Development and improvements in internal systems as they relate to supplier management.
• Targeted receiving inspection and itcontinual evolution
• Daily issue resolution supported by Supplier Corrective Actions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Bachelors or University Degree in an engineering or technical field, or significant relevant experience demonstrated in Supplier Quality role
• Minimum of 3 years in a manufacturing environment with Supplier Quality or Quality
• Lean and Six Sigma experience
• Strong knowledge of quality management systems and PPAP / FAI processes
• Excellent communication, verbal and written, with good presentation skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects with Team Building and Conflict Management skills
• Problem solver through continuous improvement
• Bilingual Spanish/English