Lumenance is seeking qualified Automotive Transmission Test Engineers from the United States, Canada, or Mexico to join our team. We request anyone who feels they fulfill the following requirements to submit their resume with a cover letter. This position is in Ohio, USA. United States citizens and green card holders are requested to apply. If you are from Canada or Mexico, Lumenance will assist in the acquisition of the necessary US work visas. This is a contract engineering position.
• Set up instrumentation for testing in transmission both in vehicle and on bench
• Perform in-car and dyno transmission testing.
• Applies engineering principles, experiences and various analysis tools to develop test plans/procedures required to test design parts/components in area of specialty, determining design feasibility and ensuring parts and components meet design acceptance criteria, performance level targets and any applicable regulatory/internal standards.
• Coordinate testing efforts in area of specialty, developing and coordinating all test schedules, setting required testing, determining judgment points, conducting complex testing, compiling and verifying all testing results for accuracy / thoroughness and determining if additional testing is needed.
• Analyzes and interprets test results, predicting performance or failure from a cross-functional perspective.
• Provide required product and design data, identifying issues and developed countermeasures.
• Communicating test results clearly in written reports or formal presentations.
• Propose design changes and countermeasures based on test results and cross-functional considerations.
• Creates documents outlining specifications, collaborating cross-functionally to confirm technical data and overall approach.
• Create automation techniques to improve test efficiency.
• Must be a citizen of the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
• 4-year Bachelor degree in Mechanical, Mechatronic, or similar engineering degree. 6 additional years of experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
• 3 years’ minimum in engineering testing experience
• Familiarity with instrumentation including strain gages, thermocouples, etc.
• Full vehicle and component dyno testing for drivetrain noise and vibration.
• NV measurement and data analysis experience is required.
• Preferably experience with transmission and drivetrain noise and vibration.
• Familiarity with LMS hardware/software tools, accelerometers and microphones is also preferable.
• Experience in digital data analysis and fluency in the use of CAN data acquisition is a plus.
• Must be proficient in result analysis, summarizing, and reporting, with multi-functional communication skills.
• Able to manage own assignments and meet critical deadlines.
• Able to collaborate with other engineers to address requirements and issues.