Lumenance is seeking qualified Automotive Electrical Engineers from the United States, Canada, or Mexico to join our team. We request anyone who feels they fulfill the following requirements to submit their resume with a cover letter. We are looking for engineers with prior vehicle product development experience in the automotive industry. We currently have US-based contract positions available. The candidates must be capable of contributing to a fast-paced, project development environment for the automotive industry.
This position is in Ohio, USA. United States citizens and green card holders are requested to apply. If you are from Canada or Mexico, Lumenance will assist in the acquisition of the necessary US work visas. This is a contract engineering position.
• Develop electrical, performance, and functional Automotive Infotainment Systems requirements for new passenger vehicles. This includes audio systems, navigation systems, camera systems, in-vehicle entertainment, telephonic systems, driver displays, HVAC systems, and related components / sub-components.
• Investigate and understand the functional requirements (including hardware, software, and communication) for the previously mentioned systems, as well as develop, write, and issue related engineering specifications.
• Brainstorm, develop, propose, and justify new functions and systems to meet the market requirements.
• Ensure all necessary vehicle and system testing (both mechanical and electrical) is completed, performing some electrical testing by oneself as needed.
• Ensure assigned systems and components achieve product acceptance for mass production.
• Develop all necessary reports, presentations, or technical documents to explain and / or make a record of the development process and activities.
• Support factory, sales, etc. as required for product explanations, owner’s manual reviews, manufacturing issues, or market complaints.
• Must be a citizen of the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
• 4-year Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline.
• At least 12 months of experience in an automotive OEM or Tier 1 product development environment.
• Ability to communicate complex engineering concepts in English (both verbal and written).
• Must be able to solve engineering problems and take initiative in supporting overall development team's assignments.
• Ability to use Vector or other diagnostic tools is a plus.
• Ability to manage own assignments and meet critical deadlines.
• Ability to collaborate with other engineers to address design and manufacturability requirements and issues.