Lumenance is seeking qualified Automotive Electrical Designer from the United States, Canada, or Mexico to join our team. We request anyone who feels they fulfill the following requirements to submit their resume with a cover letter. We currently have US-based contract positions available and are looking for engineers with prior vehicle product development experience in the automotive industry. The candidates must be capable of contributing to a fast-paced, project development environment for automobile design and manufacturing.
This position is in Ohio, USA. United States citizens and green card holders are requested to apply. If you are from Canada or Mexico, Lumenance will assist in the acquisition of the necessary US work visas. This is a contract engineering position.
• Develop CATIA v5 3D designs and 2D layouts of automotive electrical components - may include vision systems, sensors for safety systems, and milli-wave radar- from initial concept through mass production.
• Understanding of class-A surfacing development is desired.
• Candidate will be responsible for detailed component calculations, investigating ways to reduce component cost and weight and conducting feasibility for packaging electrical components and mounting brackets throughout the vehicle.
• Managing development projects and coordinating with other departments, suppliers and manufacturing.
• Daily interaction with Design Engineers.
• Must be a citizen of the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
• At least 7,500 hours of CATIA v5 experience.
• Knowledge of plastic parts molding process is a plus.
• Metal bracket design and fatigue simulation is necessary.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong initiative and proactive viewpoint.