Lumenance is searching for motivated CATIA V5 A-Surface Designers with product development experience in the automotive industry. We have a US-based contract position requiring a minimum of 2 years (3,000 hrs.) of direct design experience using CATIA V5. Candidate will be responsible for taking scan data from the Styling Studio and producing surface data that matches the Styling data with a high efficiency and quality.
Candidate will also need to be able to go thru surface negotiations with various design groups - modifying the surface data per technical and styling requirements.
This position is in Torrance, California, USA. Lumenance will help procure the necessary U.S. work visas for qualified candidates from Mexico, Canada, Chile, or Singapore.
DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
• Proficient in use of CATIA V5 for 3D surface design and 2D sectional layout in 3D space.
• CATIA V5 Workbenches: ICEM Surf, Freestyle Surfaces, and GSD design modules.
• A good understanding of Manufacturing Technologies and tooling requirements is a plus
• Able to maintain Styling Vision with Class-A surfaces - includes negotiations with all stakeholders (styling, design, manufacturing) to develop quality surfacing solutions.
• 4 year Bachelor of Science degree or Associate of Science degree with at least 2 years of work experience, in an automotive engineering environment in engineering focused on Mechanical, Electromechanical, or related engineering field.
• The candidate must have at least 2 years (3000 hrs.) of CATIA V5 Freeform or ICEM surface design experience used for interiors plastic part A-surfaces in the transportation industry.
• Experience with ENOVIA, Teamcenter, or another PDM/PLM
• Preferred experience with packaging of Automotive Components with the ability to take the scan / sketch data from concept to completed surface models thru various feasibility stages.