Lumenance is seeking qualified Design Engineers from the United States, Canada, or Mexico to join our team. This position is in Ohio, USA. United States citizens and green card holders are requested to apply. If you are from Canada or Mexico, Lumenance will assist in the acquisition of the necessary US work visas. This is a contract engineering position.
• Conducts design feasibility and cost analysis, strength calculations, material selection, part construction, part specification, scheduling and coordinating activities involved in prototyping, fabricating and manufacturing of assigned parts and systems.
• Analyzes components/parts in area of specialty to ensure that established layout/quality/cost/performance standards and regulatory requirements are met or exceeded and recommends cost-effective design modifications/improvements that support testing and mass production.
• Confirm prototype parts compliance with drawing specifications.
• Perform other support tasks, such as cost calculation and document making in Excel and PowerPoint.
• Provide support development feasibility, new design and testing.
• Daily interaction with Design Engineers.
• Able to manage own assignments and meet critical deadlines.
• Must be a citizen of the United States, Canada, or Mexico
• 4-year Bachelor degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Electromechanical / Mechatronic or similar engineering degree. A 2-year Associates Applied Science degree combined with 6 additional years of experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
• +5 years of engineering experience in actual creation of required components per specialty (concept, specification setting, layout creation, and negotiation capability)
• CATIA v5 experience in following modules:
o Sheet Metal
• Motorcycle driver is a plus.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong initiative and proactive viewpoint
Lumenance is an engineering services firm focused on providing world-class product development support to the transportation industry. We believe that great talent is groomed and grown within our organization, and we aim to inspire our employees with exciting opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
We request anyone who feels they fulfill the above requirements to submit their resume to http://www.lumenance.com/engineering-jobs/ . Qualified candidates will be contacted directly to arrange for an initial phone screening.