• We are looking for engineers with prior vehicle product development experience in the automotive industry.
• We currently have US-based contract positions available for candidates who have prior Finite Element Modeler / Analyst Experience in a transportation industry.
• The candidates must be capable of contributing to a fast-paced, project development environment for automobile design and manufacturing.
• This position is in Ohio, USA. United States citizens and green card holders are requested to apply. If you are from Canada or Mexico, Lumenance will assist in the acquisition of the necessary US work visas. This is a contract engineering position.
• Build CAE models and complete analysis of vehicle structures.
• Complete CAE analysis using HyperMesh, NASTRAN / OpiStruct, and/or Abaqus.
• Programming Tcl/Tk (for HyperMesh/HyperView), Linux Shell, MATLAB, and Perl.
• Interact with designers and suppliers as needed to gather data.
• Use technical expertise to generate creative and innovative solutions.
• Help to study correlation to test and make recommendations on how to improve.
• Able to review and understand engineering documentation (drawings, specifications, instructions, etc.).
• Must be a citizen of the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
• 4-year Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field of study.
• Must have at least 5 years of experience doing Finite Element Analysis (FEA) on BIW and Chassis components using HyperMesh, and NASTRAN / OptiStruct.
• Knowledge of HyperMesh, NASTRAN / OpiStruct is required.
• Numerous projects in which OpiStruct was used to optimize BIW and Chassis components.
• Proficiency using Isight and DEP MeshWorks.
• Knowledge of Tcl/Tk, Linux Shell, MATLAB, and Perl.
• Knowledge of MS Office programs like PowerPoint and Excel.
• Ability to communicate complex engineering concepts in English (both verbal and written).
• Must be able to solve engineering problems and take initiative in supporting overall development team's assignments.
• Ability to manage own assignments and meet critical deadlines.