Lumenance is seeking qualified Automotive Wire Harness Engineers from the United States, Canada, or Mexico to join our team. We request anyone who feels they fulfill the following requirements to submit their resume with a cover letter. We are looking for engineers with prior product development experience in the automotive, aerospace or off-highway/heavy-truck industry. We currently have US-based contract positions available for candidates who have at least three years of experience in wire harness design.
This position is in Detroit, Michigan, USA. United States citizens and green card holders are requested to apply. If you are from Canada or Mexico, Lumenance will assist in the acquisition of the necessary US work visas. This is a contract engineering position.
• Support wire harness and electrical distribution system component design for automotive applications.
• Develop parametric, 3D wire harness designs and 2D drawings for manufacture while following defined specifications and guidelines and industry accepted drafting standards.
• Define routing of wire harnesses and select or design appropriate connectors, clips, and accessories to connect, secure and protect harness.
• Provide design support to engineering and coordinate with manufacturing for feasibility of design and manufacturability.
• Negotiate engineering change requests and demonstrate exceptional documentation control.
• Perform investigations for VA/VE activities and present proposals for meeting component cost and weight targets.
• Lead, contribute to, and present in design reviews with cross functional engineering areas.
• Propose design improvement areas and countermeasures to improve group quality, cost, design and delivery methods.
• Support current existing automotive model business and future new-model design and development business.
• Understand component and assembly lead times and their relation to overall project development schedules.
• Must be a citizen of the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
• 4-year engineering degree in electrical, mechanical, or similar engineering discipline.
• At least 3 years of experience designing electrical wire harness systems for transportation industry applications.
• At least 3 years of experience with either CATIA V5 or Siemens NX CAD software packages.
• Solid understanding of manufacturing process for wire harness design (crimping terminals, connector assemblies, formboard creation and harness assembly).
• Able to communicate (verbal and written) in an English-speaking engineering environment, at an advanced level (fluent).
• Able to coordinate project activities in an automotive industry environment.
• Willing and able to resolve conflicting inputs and issues in a professional, effective manner.
• Positive attitude and “hands on” approach.
• Working knowledge of modern vehicle electrical systems.
• Experience with an electrical schematic design tool such as Zuken or Mentor Graphics.
• Direct experience designing wire harness and electrical systems for automotive applications.
• Prior experience developing power distribution systems like fuse boxes and relay boxes.
• Hands-on experience troubleshooting electrical system issues.
• Ability to build and troubleshoot prototype wire harnesses.
Lumenance is an engineering services firm focused on providing world-class product development support to the transportation industry. We believe that great talent is groomed and grown within our organization, and we aim to inspire our employees with exciting opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
We request anyone who feels they fulfill the above requirements to submit their resume to http://www.lumenance.com/engineering-jobs/ . Qualified candidates will b