Lumenance is seeking qualified Automotive Project Engineers from the United States, Canada, or Mexico to join our team. This position is in South Carolina, USA. United States citizens and green card holders are requested to apply. If you are from Canada or Mexico, Lumenance will assist in the acquisition of the necessary US work visas. This is a contract engineering position.
• Work off customer RFQ’s (establishing BOM’s out of customer drawings, develop process flow charts and create product costing for our sales department using existing tools and filing standards).
• Act as primary technical contact person for Global customers (NAFTA, Europe and Asia).
• Support Project Management in providing the technical timeline and communication.
• Support Business development: evaluate Engineering changes, technical feasibility verification, cost impacts.
• Complete technical APQP documentation for customers and Project management.
• Participate in feasibility studies to assure products are efficient and robust.
• Assess new engineering projects for viability (design limitations, cost concerns, functionality and tradeoffs). Present these issues to the engineering team along with recommendations for resolution.
• Ability to proactively identify and resolve engineering and manufacturing related issues and have a thorough understanding of product manufacturing processes.
• Conduct or participate in design review meetings.
• Ensure clear communication of meeting minutes including notes, assignments and highlights.
• Estimate material/fabrication costs for new products and processes – execute product /process development to cost targets and communicate cost vs. performance conflicts early in the design.
• Capability to accurately and efficiently work on multiple projects.
• Communicate with other departments to support the product realization process.
• Responsible to cascade project timing to purchasing, process engineering to ensure on time project completion.
• Possess excellent organizational, communication, proofreading, editing and technical writing skills.
• Must be a citizen of the United States, Canada, or Mexico
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Engineering, preferably Mechanical / Mechatronic Engineering or equivalent field.
• At least 2-3 years’ experience in the automotive industry or similar industry.
• Advanced Engineering Degree is a plus.
• German, Spanish language skills is a plus.
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, 3-D CAD software such as Autodesk Inventor or equivalent
• Experience using problem solving tools, APQP, FMEA, Poka-Yoke Design, Design for manufacturability, and AIAG automotive standards
• Strong initiative and proactive viewpoint