Lumenance is seeking qualified Rapid Prototyping HMI Engineers from the United States, Canada, or Mexico to join our team. We request anyone who feels they fulfill the following requirements, to submit their resume with a cover letter. This position is in Michigan, USA. United States citizens and green card holders are requested to apply. If you are from Canada or Mexico, Lumenance will assist in the acquisition of the necessary US work visas. This is a contract engineering position.
Create new application ideas for ITS technology and show its proof of concept to evaluators through rapid prototyping. This includes some of the following:
• Create new HMI for driver assistant system and conduct both in-lab and in-vehicle test.
• Conduct test drive for application tuning or debugging.
• Conduct vehicle hands-on jobs such as electrical wiring or mechanical installation.
• Participate in internal / external brainstorming meetings to generate new application ideas.
• Explore new technology that can be applicable to Vehicle-to-Vehicle and Vehicle-to-Infrastructure communication system.
• Collaborate with device vendors, universities, and other internal departments for building new prototype application ideas.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Must be a citizen of the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
• 4-year Bachelor of Science degree in any of the following disciplines (or a similar discipline): human factors engineering, ergonomics engineering, engineering psychology, computer science, information engineering, systems engineering, mechanical engineering, computer engineering, software engineering, electrical engineering.
• Education in a combination of multiple disciplines.
• Higher degree(s) are preferred.
• Able to design and create graphical / audio human interface.
• Programming of any one of C, C++, C#, Java, or Python.
• General engineering experimental and analytical skills using common tools.
• Psychological, human factor, or ergonomics research.
• Programming for interfacing between devices. (Example: read VGA input from camera, process captured image and output to display device.)
• Ability to interface devices at hardware level, especially within vehicle. (Example: ability to build wiring harnesses and route wiring between the graphical / audio devices, design and build simple in-car mounting fixtures, read CAN signal from vehicle.)
• Familiar with Qt, OpenGL, DirectX, Direct3D, OpenCV, Altia, and NI LabWindows and LabVIEW.
• Familiar with camera image processing, such as gesture recognition, face recognition, etc.
• Has a passion to create and try new ideas.
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Able to work cooperatively with others.
• Able and eager to quickly learn by searching and reading, by example, and by trial and error.
• Able to take higher level requests and ideas to completion independently.
• Demonstrated inventiveness.
• Comfortable working in a multicultural environment.
• Accepts some travel (probably no more than once every two months for durat