Lumenance is seeking qualified Infotainment Mechanical Design Engineers from the United States, Canada, or Mexico to join our team. We request anyone who feels they fulfill the following requirements to submit their resume with a cover letter. We are looking for engineers with prior vehicle product development experience in the automotive industry. We currently have US-based contract positions requiring a minimum of 3 years of CATIA v5 experience in designing plastic, stamped, machined, cast, and related assemblies for the automotive infotainment industry. The candidates must be capable of contributing to a fast-paced, project development environment for automobile design and manufacturing.
This position is in Ohio, USA. United States citizens and green card holders are requested to apply. If you are from Canada or Mexico, Lumenance will assist in the acquisition of the necessary US work visas. This is a contract engineering position.
• Comprehensive and proficient use of CATIA v5 3D design and 2D drawing annotation.
• Responsible for parts / assemblies such as displays, switches, camera systems, speakers, amplifiers, speedometer assemblies, and other Human Machine Interfaces (HMI).
• Perform feasibly of A-surfaces.
• Create sections and make creative construction proposals / options for review with the Design Lead.
• Negotiate with styling and affected departments.
• Good understanding of how design proposals could affect usability (reach, visibility, and light reflection).
• Compare design concepts to existing production parts.
• Responsible for performing layout checks, ensuring part designs meet requirements and guidelines for clearances, construction, installation, and service removal.
Project management & administration:
• Understanding of entire vehicle project schedule.
• Create Option Matrix documentation for Styling Group, Design Evaluation documents for part responsibility, and documents needed for discussions with suppliers, factory, and other departments.
• Must be a citizen of the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
• 4-year Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electromechanical, or related engineering field. Designers with Associate’s degrees in an engineering discipline will be considered if they demonstrate the ability to perform the job duties.
• Must have experience in OPTIS Lighting Simulation or similar experience.
• At least 3 years (6,000 hours) of CATIA v5 experience designing plastic, stamped, automobile parts and related assemblies for the automotive industry.
• Must be able to use the following CATIA v5 workbenches: GSD, Sheet Metal Design, Part Design, Assembly Design, Drafting.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
• Able to independently manage own work schedule and communicate with management and customers should additional time or resources be needed to complete assigned tasks.
• Solid organizational and multitasking skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly motivated with ability to take initiative.