Lumenance is seeking qualified Automotive Engine Design Engineers from the United States, Canada, or Mexico to join our team. We request anyone who feels they fulfill the following requirements to submit their resume with a cover letter. This position is in Ohio, USA. United States citizens and green card holders are requested to apply. If you are from Canada or Mexico, Lumenance will assist in the acquisition of the necessary US work visas. This is a contract engineering position.
• Conducts design feasibility and cost analysis, strength calculations, material selection, part construction, part specification, scheduling and coordinating activities involved in prototyping, fabricating and manufacturing of assigned parts and systems.
• Designs/develops components/parts/systems in area of speciality per established quality/development schedule guidelines, implementing design ideas/features by preparing, checking and issuing 2D and 3D drawings/layouts, calculations and analysis and confirming prototype parts compliance with drawing specifications.
• Ensuring assigned parts and assemblies incorporate form, fit, function, and manufacturability requirements
• Managing one's schedule for all assignments. Includes tracking of project schedule and working overtime as needed to meet deadlines.
• Tracking the cost of assigned parts and systems
• Must be a citizen of the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Mechanical, Mechatronic, Electromechanical, or similar. 6 years of related experience may be substituted for required degree.
• +1 year using CATIA V5 experience is required.
• Experience with hybrid or electric vehicles is desirable.
• Solve engineering problems and take initiative in supporting overall development team's assignments.
• Ability to manage one's assignments and meet critical deadlines.
• Ability to collaborate with other engineers to address design and manufacturability requirements and issues.
Lumenance is an engineering services firm focused on providing world-class product development support to the transportation industry. We believe that great talent is groomed and grown within our organization, and we aim to inspire our employees with exciting opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
We request anyone who feels they fulfill the above requirements to submit their resume to http://www.lumenance.com/engineering-jobs/ . Qualified candidates will be contacted directly to arrange for an initial phone screening.