Lumenance is seeking qualified Chassis / Powertrain Test Engineers from the United States, Canada, or Mexico to join our team. We request anyone who feels they fulfill the following requirements to submit their resume with a cover letter. We are looking for engineers with prior vehicle product development experience in the automotive industry. We currently have US-based contract positions available for candidates who can apply engineering principles and experiences and use analysis tools to develop plans and implement tasks listed below. The candidates must be capable of contributing to a fast-paced, project development environment for the automotive industry.
This position is in Ohio, USA. United States citizens and green card holders are requested to apply. If you are from Canada or Mexico, Lumenance will assist in the acquisition of the necessary US work visas. This is a contract engineering position.
• Able to create data settings, test specifications/standards, and test schedule.
• Able to prepare / set up test equipment.
• Conduct moderately complex tests, analyze and summarize test results, verify test accuracy, and determine if additional testing is needed.
• Able to predict test performance and failure, and able to provide required product / design data.
• Able to identify issues and develop countermeasures.
• Able to communicate test results clearly in both written reports and formal presentations.
• Will also be required to create or change control logic code, confirm and refine the logic based on test results, and document all changes in control logic development.
• Plan, set up, and execute HILS tests for automotive chassis systems and powertrain systems.
• Use Simulink, dSPACE, and other internally-developed tools to create, develop, and refine control logic.
• Plan, set up, and execute vehicle tests for vehicle system control logic development and verification.
• Set up specifications for ECU development; communicate with joint development supplier or partners; confirm test methods and settings; and evaluate test results.
• 4-year Bachelor of Science degree in Automotive Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering. 10 years of related experience may be substituted for required degree.
• At least 5 years of test engineering experience in automotive control systems and validation, including HILS (hardware-in-loop simulation), control logic development and vehicle tests, and control system ECU development. Advanced degree together with a minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience may be substituted for required minimum length of experience.
• Must be a citizen of the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
• Advanced degree in Automotive, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
• Expertise in rapid prototyping tools for control systems—such as dSpace ControlDesk and Simulink—is required.
• Knowledge of vehicle networks (CAN), vehicle dynamics, and chassis systems is highly desirable.
• Good analytical skills and troubleshooting capability.
• Self-motivated, working independently, but also a strong team player with solid communication skills.