Lumenance is seeking a qualified Automotive Electromechanical Design Engineer from the United States, Canada, or Mexico to join our team. We request anyone who feels they fulfill the following requirements to submit their resume with a cover letter. We are looking for engineers with at least three years of product development experience in the automotive, aerospace or off-highway/heavy-truck industry. We currently have one US-based contract positions available for candidates who are capable of contributing to a fast-paced, project development environment for automobile design and manufacturing.
This position is in the area of Columbus, Ohio, USA. United States citizens and green card holders are requested to apply. If you are from Canada or Mexico, Lumenance will assist in the acquisition of the necessary US work visas. This is a contract engineering position.
• Develop mechanical design of Automotive Electrical Components including, but not limited to, electrical control units, camera systems, sensors for safety systems, and modules.
• Responsible for creating 3D design and layouts of components and packaging them into related assemblies from concept through mass production.
• Performing detailed component calculations, investigating ways to reduce component cost and weight
• Conduct feasibility studies for packaging electrical components and mounting brackets throughout the vehicle.
• Design and basic FEA analysis of mounting brackets.
• Managing development projects and coordinating with other departments, suppliers and manufacturing.
• Daily interaction with cross functional department Design Engineers, able to negotiate layout design constraints and tradeoffs.
• Ability to use CATIA V5 CAD software at a high proficiency level to create 3D components and 2D drawings for development and release, including understanding of general drafting standards and procedures.
• Exhibit excellent communication and collaboration skills and possess ability to present ideas, concepts and studies to colleagues and management.
• Knowledge of plastic parts mo
• Must be a citizen of the United States, Canada, or Mexico
• 4-year engineering degree in mechanical, electrical or similar engineering discipline
• At least 3 years of experience designing mechanical component systems for transportation industry applications
• At least 3 years of experience using CATIA V5 (5,000 hours).
• Able to communicate (verbal and written) in an English-speaking engineering environment, at an advanced level (fluent)
• Able to coordinate project activities in an automotive industry environment
• Willing and able to resolve conflicting inputs and issues in a professional, effective manner
• Positive attitude and “hands on” approach
Lumenance is an engineering services firm focused on providing world-class product development support to the transportation industry. We believe that great talent is groomed and grown within our organization, and we aim to inspire our employees with exciting opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
We request anyone who feels they fulfill the above requirements to submit their resume to http://www.lumenance.com/engineering-jobs/ . Qualified candidates will be contacted directly to arrange for an initial phone screening.