Lumenance is seeking qualified Body and Structures Design Engineers from the United States, Canada, or Mexico to join our team. We request anyone who feels they fulfill the following requirements to submit their resume with a cover letter. We are looking for engineers with prior vehicle product development experience in the automotive industry. We currently have US-based contract positions available for candidates who have experience in concept creation, specifications creation, layout creation, and negotiations for required components. The candidates must be capable of contributing to a fast-paced, project development environment in the automotive industry.
This position is in Ohio, USA. United States citizens and green card holders are requested to apply. If you are from Canada or Mexico, Lumenance will assist in the acquisition of the necessary US work visas. This is a contract engineering position.
• Utilize CATIA v5 to perform the mechanical designs (3D and 2D) of stamped metal parts and welded body / structure assemblies for passenger vehicles.
• Conduct design feasibility, cost analysis, strength calculations, material selection, part construction, and part specifications.
• Schedule and coordinate activities involved in prototyping, fabricating, and manufacturing the assigned products and systems.
• Analyze components / parts to ensure that established standards and regulations are met or exceeded.
• Coordinate with styling studio, other design engineers, suppliers, and factories to ensure all requirements are understood and cross-functional needs are addressed.
• Coordinate with CAE team as needed to ensure designs meet structural and safety related requirements.
• Ensure parts and assemblies incorporate form, fit, function, and manufacturability requirements.
• Manage own schedule for all assignments. Includes tracking of project schedule and working overtime as needed to meet deadlines.
• Recommend cost-effective design modifications that support testing and mass production.
• Must be a citizen of the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
• 4-year Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, focused on Mechanical, Mechatronic, Electromechanical, or similar engineering field of study.
• At least 6 years of related experience may be substituted for required degree.
• At least 2 years (3,000 hours) of CATIA v5 experience in designing stamped sheet metal automotive components and assemblies.
• Understanding of automotive stamping, welding, and manufacturing technologies used to create structural parts and assemblies to assist in the creation of feasible mechanical designs.
• Must be able to solve engineering problems and take initiative in supporting overall development team's assignments.
• Ability to manage own assignments and meet critical deadlines.
• Ability to collaborate with other engineers to address design and manufacturability requirements and issues.
• Exterior design-related experience is preferred, such as experience developing parts like sunroofs, windshields, plastic garnishes, and washer systems.