Lumenance is seeking qualified Automotive Project Engineers from the United States, Canada, or Mexico to join our team. This position is in South Carolina, USA. United States citizens and green card holders are requested to apply. If you are from Canada or Mexico, Lumenance will assist in the acquisition of the necessary US work visas. This is a contract engineering position.
• Manage projects for Engineering and Manufacturing environment related to Wire Harness and Cables assemblies for engines, braking and safety systems for automotive industries.
• Act as primary technical contact person for Global customers (NAFTA, Europe and Asia).
• Support Business development: evaluate ECN’s, Technical Feasibility Verification and Cost Impact.
• Complete APQP customer requirements using Core Tools and Project Management requirements.
• Participate in Feasibility Studies and DV process to assure products are efficient, capable and robust.
• Confirm new engineering projects viability (design limitations, cost concerns, functionality and tradeoffs).
• Present any project issues / concerns to the engineering team along with improve recommendations.
• Manufacturing, quality and engineering support to resolve any issues from manufacturing process.
• Collaborate in any brainstorm or design review meetings to support the APQP or core tools process.
• Estimate Finish Good Cost (Material, Components, Labor, ..) for any new Processes or product. Compare Target Cost vs Estimate Cost and communicate any issues to meet requirements.
• Coordinate NPI, systems or processes.
• Pursue and support any lean or six sigma activities to achieve established company goals.
• Responsible for all design related activities on specific projects including dimensions/specification, product testing/validation, and define new testing if needed to meet customer requirements.
• Able to manage own assignments and meet critical deadlines.
• Must be a citizen of the United States, Canada, or Mexico
• 4-year Bachelor degree in Mechanical, Mechatronic, Electrical or similar engineering degree
• +2 years of project management is required.
• Experience in Wire Harness and cable manufacturing process is required.
• Six Sigma & Lean Manufacturing knowledge is a plus.
• Experience in APQP & Core tools requirements.
• PMP certification is a plus.
• Able to travel internationally.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written in English. German is a plus.
• Strong initiative and proactive viewpoint