Lumenance is searching for motivated CATIA V5 Mechanical Design Engineers with product development experience in the automotive industry. We have multiple US-based contract positions requiring a minimum of 3 years direct experience using CATIA V5 to design plastic, stamped, machined, cast, or forged parts and related assemblies for the automotive or similar transportation industry (aerospace, heavy truck, construction equipment, etc) . The incumbent must be able to work in the fast paced, project focused environment of automobile design and manufacturing.
These positions are in Ohio, USA. Lumenance will procure the necessary U.S. working visas for qualified candidates from Mexico and Canada.
Duties and responsibilities.
• Comprehensive and proficient use of CATIA V5 3D design and 2D drawing annotation
• Creation of A-surfaces for interior and exterior parts from scanned data
• Creation of CATIA V5 parts and assemblies for automotive interior, body, exterior, and chassis applications
Project management & administrative:
• Understand entire vehicle project schedule
• Develop all necessary reports, presentations or technical documents to explain and/or make a record of the development process and activities
• Able to provide manager and customers with accurate and precise estimates for assigned task duration, along with confidence levels and foreseeable dependencies
• Able to independently manage one’s own work schedule and communicate with management and customers should additional time or resources be needed to complete one’s assigned tasks
• Participate in design reviews – includes development of presentation and report material required to effectively communicate technical and project related concepts
• Coordinate with suppliers to ensure designs are feasible and to develop design alternatives as needed
Management and supervisory:
• Understand and follow direction provided by customer’s and Lumenance management. As needed, ask for clarification on matters before taking action
• Provide technical guidance to junior-level designers
• These position requires a 4 year engineering degree in Mechanical, Electromechanical, or related engineering field. Designers with associates degrees in an engineering discipline will be considered provided they have a demonstrated ability to perform the job duties.
• The candidate must have at least 3 years CATIA V5 experience designing plastic, stamped, machined, cast, or forged automobile parts and related assemblies for the automotive, aerospace, or related transportation industry
• Competent and proficient use of Microsoft Office package, especially Excel and Powerpoint
Working relationships & soft skills:
• Able to function independently on a day-to-day basis
• Solid organizational and multitasking skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Highly motivated with ability to take initiative
Lumenance is an engineering services firm focused on providing world class new product development support to the transportation industry. Our company believes that great talent is groomed and grown within our organization, and we aim to inspire our employees with exciting opportunities to grow personally and professionally.