Lumenance is seeking qualified Automotive Lighting Test Engineers from the United States, Canada, or Mexico to join our team. We request anyone who feels they fulfill the following requirements to submit their resume with a cover letter. This position is in Ohio, USA. United States citizens and green card holders are requested to apply. If you are from Canada or Mexico, Lumenance will assist in the acquisition of the necessary US work visas. This is a contract engineering position.
• Responsibilities include the research, development, and testing of automotive lighting systems (interior, exterior, and ambient lighting) as well as automotive lighting control systems (auto high beam, auto leveling, advanced variable lighting, etc.).
• Prepare the functional (hardware, software, communication, HMI) requirements for the above systems. Benchmark, propose, and justify new functionality (hardware, software, HMI, etc.) to meet market demands.
• Perform all necessary vehicle testing (lighting measurements, hardware reliability testing, software function evaluation, system operating performance) including the actual retrofitting of parts to the vehicle.
• Troubleshoot hardware and software issues, perform lighting distribution analyses, lighting output calculations, subjective lighting evaluations on the vehicle.
• Applies engineering principles, experiences and various analysis tools to develop test plans/procedures to test design parts/components in area of specialty to determine design feasibility and ensure parts/components meet design acceptance criteria, performance level targets and any applicable regulatory/internal standards.
• Creates data settings, test specifications/standards and test schedule, prepares/setups test equipment, conducts moderately complex tests and documents/summarizes test results/conclusions, verifying testing accuracy/thoroughness and determining if additional testing is needed.
• Analyzes/interprets test results, predicting performance/failure and providing required product/design data, identifying issues/developing countermeasures.
• Must be a citizen of the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
• 4-year Bachelor degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering. 6 years of related experience may be substituted for required degree.
• +3 years of test engineering experience in required test and confirmation per area of specialty.
• Experience with CAN, LIN and preferably MOST communication protocols
• Experience with troubleshooting hardware test or vehicle function failures
• Prefer working knowledge in ISO26262 Functional Safety Process
• Ability to function independently on a day-to-day basis
• Good organizational and multitasking skills
• Highly motivated and takes initiative
• Must be proficient in result analysis, summarizing, and reporting, with multi-functional communication skills (verbal and written).
• Able to manage own assignments and meet critical deadlines.
• Able to collaborate with other engineers to address requirements and issues.