Lumenance is searching for motivated Automotive Wire Harness Design Engineers with prior vehicle product development experience in the automotive industry. We currently have US-based contract positions available for candidates who have a full understanding of automotive electrical systems. Included are electronic sub-systems, design of wire harnesses, mounting brackets, packaging of ECUs and modules, starting and charging systems. The candidates must be capable of contributing to a fast paced, project development environment for automobile design and manufacturing.
These positions are in Ohio, USA. Lumenance will help procure the necessary U.S. work visas for qualified candidates from Mexico and Canada.
DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
• Study, modify, and create new electrical wire harness systems for ad hoc mule vehicle testing.
• Design brackets both plastic and metal as needed to attach electrical components.
• Packaging of electrical control ECU’s within the vehicle based on customer requirements.
• Design of packaging for battery and charging/starting components.
• Determine whether new or modified electrical system components and harnesses need to be created using base-vehicle documentation to provide initial parts for mule vehicle testing.
• Modify and create new wire harness layouts to comply with new system requirements resulting from testing.
• Ability to understand and create electrical system schematics and data sheets.
• High quality drawings should be created per design schedule to maintain overall vehicle development activities.
• Release drawings as required at each milestone during project phase
• Develop hardware/software architecture diagrams as needed
• Presentation of concepts to customer as needed or required.
• Prior experience with documentation and specific definition of system specifications
• Able to review and understand device and component technical datasheets.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering focused on Mechanical, Electromechanical, or related Engineering field of study.
• The candidate must have at least 2 years of experience designing wire harnesses and associated components.
• Knowledge of bracket stress and fatigue simulation analysis is a plus (ANSYS, LS-DINA, …)
• Knowledge of plastic injection molding process is a plus.
• Knowledge of Zukin or Mentor Graphics circuit design is a plus
• Catia V5: 2+ years [3000 hours] of overall design experience
• Catia V5 Work benches: GSD, Sheet Metal Design, Part Design, Assembly Design, Drafting,
Lumenance is an engineering services company focused on providing world class product development support to the transportation industry. Our company believes that great talent is discovered, groomed and grown within our organization. It is our aim to inspire our employees with exciting opportunities to grow personally and professionally.