Lumenance is seeking qualified Automotive Test Engineers from the United States, Canada, or Mexico to join our team. We request anyone who feels they fulfill the following requirements to submit their resume with a cover letter. This position is in Ohio, USA. United States citizens and green card holders are requested to apply. If you are from Canada or Mexico, Lumenance will assist in the acquisition of the necessary US work visas. This is a contract engineering position.
• Apply engineering principles, experiences and various analysis tools to develop test plans/procedures required to validate simulation models and integrated control systems to ensure they meet acceptance criteria, performance level targets and any applicable internal standards.
• Interpret physical test results and formulate output for purpose of comparison with virtual test (simulation) results, analyze/compare the sets results, identify discrepancies and explain probable reasons why.
• Assist in the development of countermeasures to reduce the differences, and summarize activities/outputs through clear written reports/formal presentations.
• Identify areas where process improvement could provide high value and assist in the development and implementation of the adjusted process.
• Coordinate multiple activities, including resource scheduling, complex testing, complex/combined reporting, cataloguing of data, verifying multiple streams of test data/results for accuracy/thoroughness, and determining if additional testing is needed.
• Must be a citizen of the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
• 4-year Bachelor degree in Mechanical, Mechatronic, or similar engineering degree with a high mechanical aptitude. MS degree is desirable. A 2-year Associates degree combined with 6 additional years of experience may be substituted for Bachelor degree requirement.
• 5 years’ minimum in engineering testing experience.
• Experience conducting instrumented automotive testing is a requirement.
• Direct experience planning, conducting, and analyzing results from control system oriented automotive testing utilizing standard CAN measurement tools is a strong preference.
• Experience conducting safety critical automotive testing in a controlled environment is also preferred.
• Must be proficient in result analysis, summarizing, and reporting, with multi-functional communication skills.
• Able to manage own assignments and meet critical deadlines.
• Able to collaborate with other engineers to address design and manufacturability requirements and issues.