Lumenance is searching for a motivated Test Engineer with experience in prepare and conduct vehicle tests, evaluate the data, and report results. The candidate must be capable of contributing to a fast paced, project development environment for automobile design and manufacturing.
This position is in Ohio, USA. Lumenance will help procure the necessary U.S. work visas for qualified candidates from Mexico and Canada.
• Setting specifications and confirmation of acceleration performance, engine cooling, heat resistance, snow & water ingestion, and trailer towing.
• Applies engineering principles, experiences and various analysis tools to develop test plans/procedures to test design parts/components in area of specialty.
• Determine design feasibility and ensure parts/components meet design acceptance criteria, performance level targets and any applicable regulatory/internal standards.
• Creates data settings, test specifications/standards and test schedule, prepares/setups test equipment, conducts moderately complex tests and documents/summarizes test results/conclusions, verifying testing accuracy/thoroughness and determining if additional testing is needed.
• Analyzes/interprets test results, predicting performance/failure and providing required product/design data, identifying issues/developing countermeasures, communicating test results clearly in written reports/formal presentations and proposing design changes and recommending countermeasures based on analysis of testing results.
• Work as team member to support full vehicle analysis efforts.
• Able to interface with other functional areas to ensure their constraints are understood and properly considered.
• 4 year Bachelor of Science degree in engineering focused on Mechanical, Electromechanical, or related engineering field of study with more than 3 years of experience of related position.
• A citizen of Canada, Mexico, or the United States (NAFTA Professional)
• Ability to work in hands on, self-motivated and good at mechanical and electrical troubleshooting is a plus.
• Knowledge and experience with LMS Test Lab, Labview, Matlab is preferred.
• Experience using accelerometers, yaw/roll rate, slip angle, position and strain transducer preferred.
• Competent and proficient use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent oral and written skills.