This non-managerial position is responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting hardware integrated software test applications for automotive audio systems, to include technical lead on multifunctional automotive audio test system projects.
• Architect implementation of open source programming like Python and C# to implement validation infrastructure; provide expertise and train others on communication interface like GPIB, TCP/IP, RS232.
• Architect automation solutions using National Instruments and other Data Acquisition hardware; architect software solutions using multithreaded applications in .NET, NI LabVIEW, NI DAQmx, NI TestStand and Python.
• Technically lead projects for automated testing of audio and vehicle networks; manage complex test automation projects and multifunctional teams to measure and evaluate audio parameters and network communications; work with vendors and internal teams to define and deliver customized test systems/devices.
• Provide expertise and train others on test and product configuration to enable reliable measurements; provide expertise and train others on signal measurement and analysis.
• Architect hardware and software interface that communicates with automotive bus like CAN, MOST, Ethernet AVB and A2B in test systems; work with third party vendors to define network communication devices required for test systems; implement upper layer software features for automotive communication protocols.
• Strong C#.NET application development skills, interfacing with smart instruments and integrating multiple technologies to enable test automation
• Strong knowledge of electrical engineering principles and design
• Strong communication and problem solving skills
• Self-motivated, work well in a team as well as independently
• Familiar with analyzing signals on an Oscilloscope and configuring Function Generators
• Strong capability with English language (verbal and written) to allow effective technical discussions with staff at R&D, suppliers and customers
• Knowledge of C/C++, MatLab, and Microsoft Office
• Working knowledge of audio and Digital Signal Processing
• Experienced in National Instruments technologies such as LabVIEW and TestStand
• Experience with automotive networks, such as CAN, MOST, RS-485 and Ethernet AVB
• Capable Project Management skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• BS or MS in Computer Engineering (preferred) or Computer Science
• 4+ years of relevant experience