Lumenance is seeking qualified Mechanical Engineers (or similar engineering disciplines) from the United States, Canada, and Mexico to join our team.
Lumenance will assist in the acquisition of US work visas for individuals who are citizens of Canada or Mexico. This is a contract engineering position. The job location is in Ohio, USA.
• Utilizing CATIA V5 to perform the mechanical design (3D + 2D) of interior/plastic parts and assemblies for passenger vehicles
• Coordinating with styling studio, other design engineers, suppliers, and factories to ensure all requirements are understood and cross-functional needs are addressed
• Coordinated with CAE team as needed to ensure your designs meet structural and safety related requirements
• Ensuring assigned parts and assemblies incorporate form, fit, function, and manufacturability requirements
• Managing one's schedule for all assignments. Includes tracking of project schedule and working overtime as needed to meet deadlines.
• Tracking the cost of assigned parts and systems
• A citizen of Canada, Mexico, or the United States
• Minimum of 2 years (3,000 hours) using CATIA V5 to design interior/plastic automotive components and assemblies
• 4 year engineering degree (Mechanical, Mechatronic, Electromechanical, or similar)
• Understanding of automotive stamping, welding, and manufacturing technologies used to create plastic parts and assemblies so as to allow one to create feasible mechanical designs
• Able to independently design new, A-surfaced, plastic parts and assemblies for passenger vehicles. As needed, able to design small stamped stampings used for packaging assigned components.
• Must be able to solve engineering problems and take initiative in supporting overall development team's assignments
• Ability to manage one's assignments and meet critical deadlines
• Ability to collaborate with other engineers to address design and manufacturability requirements and issues