Lumenance is seeking qualified Automotive Electrical Systems Engineers from the United States, Canada, or Mexico to join our team. We request anyone who feels they fulfill the following requirements to submit their resume with a cover letter. We are looking for engineers with prior product development experience in the automotive, aerospace or off-highway/heavy-truck industry. We currently have US-based contract positions available for candidates who have at least five years of experience in electrical system design.
This position is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. United States citizens and green card holders are requested to apply. If you are from Canada or Mexico, Lumenance will assist in the acquisition of the necessary US work visas. This is a contract engineering position.
• Design of electrical system architecture and wire harness circuits for automotive applications
• Lead, develop and create electrical system distribution using Zuken E3 or similar software
• Study, modify and create electrical wire harness system for prototype vehicle testing
• Negotiate for and gather specifications and requirements for all new electrical hardware to be integrated into a base system
• Mock up 3D prototype harnesses on existing vehicles and define safe and protected routing methods
• Conduct circuit check to ensure electrical system integrity
• Compile electrical information and create documentation and prints for manufacture of prototype wire harnesses
• Research and communicate with component suppliers for part data sheets and library information as necessary
• Provide support to fabrication technicians and engineering for troubleshooting of any prototype vehicles
• Present design proposals as needed to engineering management
• Understand project schedule and self-manage own schedule by setting priority and defining milestones and outcomes
• Support cross-functional engineers to ensure electrical system functional requirements are achieved for the project
• Understand team focus and expectation and function with minimal direction and instruction.
• Must be a citizen of the United States, Canada, or Mexico
• Proactive, energetic attitude with the ability to react and adapt to rapidly changing assignments and focus
• Self-starter with the ability to see and fill team development gaps with little to no direction
• 4-year engineering degree in electrical, mechanical, or similar engineering discipline
• At least 3 years of experience designing electrical systems for transportation industry applications
• At least 3 years of experience using electrical distribution system tools such as Zuken, Mentor Graphics, etc.
• Basic experience and ability to review and modify data using a CAD package like CATIA, SolidWorks, NX, etc.
• Experience coordinating with wire harness design engineers in a transportation related industry
• Able to communicate (verbal and written) in an English-speaking engineering environment, at an advanced level (fluent)
• Able to coordinate project activities in an automotive industry environment
• Willing and able to resolve conflicting inputs and issues in a professional, effective manner
• Positive attitude and “hands on” approach
• Direct experience designing electrical systems for automotive applications
• Hands-on experience troubleshooting electrical system issues
• Ability to build and troubleshoot prototype wire harnesses
Lumenance is an engineering services firm focused on providing world-class product development support to the transportation industry. We believe that great talent is groomed and grown within our organization, and we aim to inspire our employees with exciting opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
We request anyone who feels they fulfill the above requirements to submit their resume to http://www.lumenance.com/engineering-jobs/ . Qualified candidat