Lumenance is seeking qualified Automotive Electrical Controls Engineers from the United States, Canada, or Mexico to join our team. This position is in South Carolina, USA. United States citizens and green card holders are requested to apply. If you are from Canada or Mexico, Lumenance will assist in the acquisition of the necessary US work visas. This is a contract engineering position.
• Work according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
• Prepare material cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for electrical and electronic systems and equipment.
• Follow safety instruction on Standard Operating Procedures and/or Safety procedures.
• Repair and maintain electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components of production equipment and special purpose machines.
• Design, build electrical electronic circuits, components, system and equipment.
• Rebuild existing equipment and build new tools for electronic, hydraulic, mechanical and pneumatic test equipment.
• Program PLC and/or PC for prototypes and/or reprogram and improve existing programs.
• Troubleshoot software problems of PLC and/or PC controlled equipment and perform, repair or reprogramming of controllers.
• Troubleshoot and repair electronic equipment using common tools and test instruments (i.e. Multimeters, oscilloscopes).
• Assist Manufacturing Engineer to modify equipment design and function.
• Assemble machines following blueprints.
• Report material, quality, equipment and safety concerns to Supervisor.
• Support of Mexican Plant requiring possible travel.
• Detailed documentation of programs, wiring schematics diagrams.
• Must be a citizen of the United States, Canada, or Mexico
• Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• 2-6 years’ electrical experience required
• Knowledge of Electronics and Electrical controls, Pneumatics, PLC systems (Keyence, Siemens, Allen Bradley, etc.), Mechanics, Metrics, SPC, National Electrical Code (NEC), International Electro technical commission Code (IEC)
• Well-developed knowledge of standard machine control wiring practices
• Ability to read/create blueprints and schematics
• Proficient in the use, care and application of measuring devices (Oscilloscope, etc.)
• Very Proficient in Computer usage
• Strong initiative and proactive viewpoint