•Goodrich Aerospace Mexico Engineering Center (GAMEC) is currently seeking a Stress Engineer supporting the detailed analysis of aerospace nacelle components.
• Key functions: Working in a product development environment, you will perform substantiation stress analysis on new innovative aerospace hardware and components for nacelle systems. Conduct design trades and optimization considering strength, weight, cost & producibility.
• Methods of analysis will include Classical Hand Calculations, Finite Element Modeling using tools such as NASTRAN & PATRAN. You’ll also coordinate with internal and external customers through written, verbal and media presentation, consult with subject matter experts within our organization, develop schedules and handle related responsibilities as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 2 to 5 years’ experience.
• Strong background in primary structural analysis related to aircraft.
• Experience in classical hand analysis methods used in aerospace applications.
• Finite Element Analysis Tools such as NASTRAN & PATRAN or similar software applications are required.
• Experience in CATIA it’s a must.
• Experience in aircraft structural components static, durability and damage tolerance analysis preferred.
• Experience of material (Composite & Metallic) or structural testing is preferred.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to work closely as a team with other international locations.