Coordinates with various departments and team members to assure the most effective design and use of manufacturing facilities and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Defines project implementation strategy: content, scope, resources, timeframe, costs, risks, quality management, communications and training.
• Manage and supervise the activities of methods operators, in charge of their training, monitoring attendance and completing their evaluations
• Elaborate, participate, maintain and improve an industrial strategy and manufacturing plan for product and final assembly line launch.
• Establishes standard times for setup and run of each operation, checks standards against estimated costs and coordinates differences as necessary
• Elaborates and/or makes studies directed towards more efficient manufacturing of parts.
• Designs workstations in order to ensure maximum productivity.
• Knowledge of Bill of Materials (BOMs).
• Produce and collect information in order to define the requirements (space, services, equipment) for the production activities.
• Generate work instructions, test methods, prototypes, etc. to establish process/method specifications.
• Follow up activities during initial stage of manufacturing to ensure processing and effective revisions to tooling and processing as necessary.
• Responsible to configure the work positions and assembly lines to easily accommodate engineering changes.
• Ensure a rigorous management of the budgets under your responsibility.
• Identify and propose improvement projects as well as participate and/or conduct workshops for continuous improvement and problem solving.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other engineering discipline.
• 5+ years of related experience with automotive Tier 1 supplier.
• Advanced computer skills, including the use of statistical process control (SPC) software
• Basic knowledge of manufacturing methods and processes, including flow, layout, and assembly and production equipment.
• Basic knowledge of IE and project management.
• Advanced verbal communication skills, including group presentation.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, supervisors, and employees.
• Ability to prepare complex written reports and other documents.
• Ability to travel both domestically and internationally – 20%
• Advanced English (90%).